Thursday, March 5, 2009

Significant rise in HIV Cases


As I sit down at my desk to start my day, I go through the motions of my morning routine. I check my email, my voice mail, then I go over news articles, and in less than 5 minutes I find article with these headlines: “HIV in Older People On The Rise,” “New HIV/AIDS Diagnoses Rise In Minorities,” “HIV/AIDS Cases on the Rise in Asia,” “Rise in North Ireland AIDS cases linked to foreign travelers,” “HIV rises among Pregnant,” “Number of People With HIV/AIDS on the Rise.” That’s a whopping 7 articles in 5 minutes talking about HIV on the rise. Once you begin to read them it is clear that our ignorance is killing us. We think it is a Homosexual disease or only drug abusers get HIV. We think the boy down the street or the teens in our schools are somehow immune but it is it is all around us and it’s not just HIV/AIDS; there are STDs as well. For the past 20-30 years, more than 25 different types of STDs have been infecting more than 19 million young adults in the United States each year. There are an estimated 120,000,000 people living with an STD in the US right now.
Here are some facts: Firstly, most men infected with an STD show no symptoms. Teenage girls are more susceptible to STDs than men and adult women. Unchecked, these STDs can leave women unfertile. Lastly, we have a cure for all STDs. We can stop the spread of them right now and it’s simple: “KNOWLEDGE-EDUCATION.”Everyone knows the risks of having unprotected sex so either wait until your married and enjoy that experience with the one true person you love or go buy that condom that cost a mere $1.00 at 7-11. 1 finale note to women: It’s your body so no matter what he feels or says “NO GLOVE, NO LOVE.”

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

 

The MAXPRO Revolution. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved